Friday, June 12, 2009

Nine More "Words to Live By..."


The poster above says: Wisdom of the Heart -- Our lives are directed by the choices we make.

Last Friday I gave you the first nine "Words to Live By." These were written by Regina Brett, who was 90 years old at the time. They were published in The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, OH. Today I share with you the next nine on the list. I'll include more later, but wanted to give you time to absorb these words of wisdom.

If you'd like to see the first nine, click here.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what
their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry;
God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

Which one(s) mean the most to you? Any you'd like to add?

P.S. I really like the one about chocolate. :)

4 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

13 and 17 really resonate with me. They both remind me to live in the present, let go of excess baggage, and be compassionate of others' journeys.
Thank so much, Sheri.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

#13 makes me think of a discussion going on at Niobe's:

http://deadbabyjokes.blogspot.com/2009/05/troubled.html

And, of course, #1 is one of the absolutes of the universe!

But it's probably a good thing to forgive myself, too (#11).

chicklet said...

Um, I'm all about the chocolate... always!

Bonnie said...

They are all so good but I think #13 and #18 hit me the most.#13 A lot of times I try to figure out why people do the things they do but I need to realize they have had a different journey.
#18 I agree.. it it doesn't kill you...

and of course the one about chocolate!